Are you curious about the educational requirements for teachers?
- You MUST have at least a Bachelor’s Degree! Your Bachelor’s Degree can be in any field of study.
- You MUST be legally able to work in the United States or Canada, but VIPKid teachers are able teach from anywhere!
- You MUST have at least one year of experience with children. Including: classroom teaching, homeschooling, tutoring, and coaching are all eligible forms of experiences.
Want to know more about the technical requirements for teachers?
- Devices: Desktop, Laptop, MacBook, iPad, Microsoft Surface (smartphones are currently not supported for holding classes)
- Operating System (OS): Windows 7, 8 and 10; Mac OS 10.X or higher (Linux and Chrome OS are NOT well supported by VIPKID)
- Browser: Google Chrome 58 (preferred) or above
- A headset with microphone
- If your device does not have a built-in camera, you will need a webcam
- Internet speed should be 25 mbps minimum. A wired connection (i.e. Ethernet cable) is also recommended
When you apply, you will be asked to answer a few questions about your background and education. VIPKid will let you know quickly if you are someone that will move on to the next step.
You can choose the live interview or you can now record an interview on your smartphone! The interview will take less than 20 minutes. If you are lucky enough to have a Fast Pass Coaching session in your area, you can attend that and you will be moved past the interview step and on to the certification step right away. When you pass this, you will begin to learn more about VIPKid by reading some materials and taking a quiz on best practices in the VIPKid classroom. What should you prepare for your interview?
Finally, you will be asked to choose to certify for levels 2 and 3 or 4 and 5. You will be given the slides for both of these levels and asked to review them and then teach them to VIPKid Mock Class Mentor. Many teachers need more than one attempt at the certification class. I hope that my help will prepare you to pass it after just one attempt.
Have questions? Want a mentor to help you get hired?